Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the earlier SOP for the subdistrict, which was placed under the conditional (MCO) on Oct 9, had been cancelled.
“The SOP for Selangor is now applied to those in the Klang subdistrict,” he said.
Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya are under the conditional MCO until Oct 27.
Following that, the government provided a list of dos and don’ts for those residing in the three areas.
Ismail Sabri also said three individuals were arrested for refusing to be tested for Covid-19, adding that they were among 284 people detained on Tuesday for various violations of the recovery MCO.
“The majority of the offenders – 134 people – were booked for not masking up while in crowded public areas.
“The police also arrested a driver for ferrying passengers above the permitted number,” he said.
Ismail Sabri added that the task force monitoring SOP compliance would continue to check on businesses.
On another matter, he said 12,877 illegals had been arrested in Sabah since January and slightly less than half of them were still in various detention centres.
Presenting a report by the enforcement authorities on undocumented foreigners in Sabah, Ismail Sabri said 5,204 who were currently being held in detention centres included 4,456 Philippine nationals, 618 Indonesians and 130 foreigners from other countries.
“We have sent 7,673 back to their respective countries,” he said.
Did you find this article insightful?