PUTRAJAYA: The area of Aman Jaya in Kedah will be under enhanced movement control order until Sept 10, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
He said health authorities had screened 12,533 of 22,360 individuals in the Kenanga, Mawar and Melur zones as of Aug 31.
“We hope those in these areas will give their cooperation and adhere to directives issued by the Health Ministry and the police, ” he said on Tuesday (Sept 2).
The government imposed the enhanced MCO in Amanjaya from Aug 28.
The district of Kuala Muda, where Amanjaya is located, has seen 29 cases recently, with 26 linked to the Tawar cluster.
On the Covid-19 Fund, Ismail Sabri said that donations amounting to RM44.517mil had been received since the fund was launched on March 11.
To date, RM31.5mil has been spent.
This include for food baskets (RM25.23mil), special aid for the funeral of 119 individuals (RM595,000) and special aid given to 4,134 individuals who lost their income (RM5.67mil)