Do not threaten journalists, says Gobind


  • Nation
  • Friday, 03 Jan 2020

KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): The public should not resort to threats, violence or act outside the law if they disagreed with reporting by the media, says Communications and Multimedia Minister Gobind Singh Deo.

He said there are ways that can be taken for corrections to be made or forwarding differing views if one disagrees with a media report.

"The duty of journalists is to report the facts so that the information reaches the people.

"I hope the police will investigate and take stern action if it is found there is an offence,” he said on his official Facebook on Friday (Jan 3).

Gobind was commenting on a news report that TV3 broadcast journalist Mohd Ishak Abdillah Ngah, had received a death threat following a report by him on Wednesday (Jan 1).

The death threat was posted on the journalist's Facebook site after a video allegedly exposing the deplorable conditions at Sekolah Rendah Islam Darul Iman (SRIDI) Wakaf Mempelam in Terengganu went viral.

The report stated that the school was operating without electricity and a water supply.

Mohd Ishak lodged a police report on the death threat at the Kuala Terengganu police headquarters on Thursday (Jan 2). - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

MATFA ushers the prosperous CNY with Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister
No Umno members have applied to join PKR so far, says comms director
Nurul Izzah's appointment 'legally right but morally wrong', says Pasir Gudang MP
Navy to receive five LCS vessels in first batch, down one from original six
Three fined for illegal World Cup betting
Azalina: Sulu heirs' fraudulent behaviour led to Luxembourg court decision in our favour
Security guard held over death of man at Kota Baru mosque
Three, including teen, charged with extorting and causing hurt to businessman
Floods: Number of evacuees in Johor dips to 2,638 at noon, two PPS shut
Company owner charged with submitting false documents for Penjana Kerjaya claims

Others Also Read