PETALING JAYA: PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has once again rubbished talk that his faction is behind the plot to topple Datuk Seri Azmin Ali by releasing sex video clips implicating his deputy.
News portal Free Malaysia Today reported that the Port Dickson MP said to “rely purely on facts” over suggestions that his supporters were behind the video clips.
When asked about the allegations, he said, “Why are you bringing it up? What evidence (do you have)? What nonsense is this? You should not listen, should not insinuate. (This is) very bad, libellous, slanderous and grossly unjust.
"We have a central problem here, we need to deal with it. It does not solve any problems by casting aspersions on anybody,” FMT quoted Anwar as telling reporters after a Hari Raya open house by the Malaysian Indian Muslim Chamber of Commerce and Industry on Monday (June 17).
Anwar added that he and his supporters are sympathetic, but it does not make sense for them to cast aspersions on others without a shard of evidence.
"This is not a culture we promote, support or condone,” he was quoted as saying.
He said that the party remains united despite the scandal and the matter would be left in the hands of the police.
Anwar had earlier denied being involved in the scandal at his Hari Raya open house on Saturday (June 15).
In the past week, clips of a sex video involving two men have gone viral, followed by a confession by Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz, who is also Santubong PKR Youth chief, that he was one of the two men in the video.
He also claimed that the other person was Azmin, who is also Economic Affairs Minister.
Azmin had categorically denied the allegation, saying it was made to tarnish his reputation and destroy his political career.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!