US firm Ocean Infinity seals deal to resume hunt for MH370


All fired up: ‘Seabed Constructor’ will continue the search for the ill-fated plane.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia has agreed to allow a US exploration firm to resume the hunt for flight MH370, says Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai, a year after the search was suspended.

The news came after the company, Ocean Infinity, said this week it had already dispatched a research vessel towards the expected search zone as it believed a deal would be finalised imminently.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case
Police to call several individuals in probe over alleged share ownership by Azam Baki
DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah
Traffic slows on major expressways as at noon

Others Also Read