Matrade: Najib's portrait not removed from Milan expo as alleged


Matrade says the Inter-American Development Bank had last month announced a China Co-financing Fund for Latin America and the Caribbean

PETALING JAYA: The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (Matrade) has denied allegations that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s portrait was removed during an event held last year in Milan, Italy?.

In a joint statement with the International Trade and Industry Ministry on Wednesday, Matrade said as one? of the organisers behind the Malaysia Pavilion at Expo Milano 2015,?it could confirm with all parties involved in the event that ?Muhyiddin's claims were baseless.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

No price gouging during Ramadan, Sabah consumer group urges businesses
Fashion designer Jovian Mandagie fails in appeal against bankruptcy order
Police hunt 36 wanted individuals
Bills to limit PM’s tenure, split AG–PP roles to be tabled Monday
Fisheries Act amendment to strengthen marine mammal conservation
Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
MMA calls for stronger action against illegal clinics in Kuala Lumpur

Others Also Read