Right decisions made for 1MDB, says Arul


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015

PETALING JAYA: The right decisions have been made for 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) and these must be seen in context, said company president and executive director Arul Kanda Kandasamy (pic).

“When you look back in hindsight it is easy to point out what should have been done. Hindsight is 20-20.

“But what is important is that the right decisions were made and they have to be seen in the context in which they were made,” said Arul in an interview on TV3’s Soal Jawab programme on Wednesday night.

He acknowledged, however, that there are times when plans do not succeed due to “outside factors”.

“When we see the challenges, we have to take action. That is important.

“When things do not go according to plan, we have to make corrections and that is what the rationalisation plan is for,” he said.

He said earlier that there are many things that 1MDB does that can’t be seen by the public.

“When you reach to your switch to turn on your light, some of that power is provided by 1MDB,” said Arul.

“We are also currently building the eight camps which will be completed by 2018.

“And the Tun Razak Exchange (TRX) has RM3bil in infrastructure that can't be seen. It is below ground. When it is completed, buildings will rise and that you can see,” he said.

On the bad press the company has received, Arul maintained that he aimed to provide the truth and facts to keep the public updated.

“There have been 48 press releases issued by 1MDB and along with our Twitter and Facebook, this is how we have reached out to the rakyat to explain about 1MDB,” he said.


Related stories:

1MDB open to investigations, says Arul

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Arul Kanda , 1MDB , interview , right decisions

   

Next In Nation

Malaysia will not send pilgrims for haj this year
Annuar: Mobile trucks to vaccinate market traders, workers, hawkers
Covid-19: Two people in 30s without recorded comorbidities among 76 new deaths
Lockdown in Sabah also extended to June 28, says CM
Covid-19: Govt seeking out UNHCR cardholders for vaccination
Several areas in Negri, Cameron Highlands and Sabah under EMCO, says Ismail Sabri
Saudi Arabia bars foreign travellers from Haj over Covid-19, says SPA
Takiyuddin: Cabinet responsible for advising King on Emergency
Covid-19: Parts of Labuan under total lockdown from June 15-28
Over 900 non-Muslim houses of worship registered in Johor

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers