PETALING JAYA: The finalised names of all 31 stations along the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Sungai Buloh-Kajang line have been revealed.
MRT Corp CEO Datuk Wira Azhar Abdul Hamid said the names reflected the locality of the stations along the route, also known as Line 1.
"A commuter should know where he is when he arrives at any MRT station, and this is why we have tweaked the provisional MRT station names," Azhar said, adding that the Prime Minister had personally approved the final list.
Major changes include naming the Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh station (next to the Sungai Buloh station) as Kampung Selamat.
The KL Sentral station will be named Muzium Negara, as the footprint of the station is actually at the door of the National Museum, while Tun Razak Exchange will be the final name for the interchange station formerly known as Pasar Rakyat.
Here is the full list of the 31 finalised station names (provisional names in brackets, those without are unchanged).
1. Sungai Buloh
2. Kampung Selamat (Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh)
3. Kwasa Damansara (Kota Damansara)
4. Kwasa Sentral (Taman Industri Sungai Buloh)
5. Kota Damansara (PJU5)
6. Surian (Dataran Sunway)
7. Mutiara Damansara (The Curve)
8. Bandar Utama (One Utama)
9. Taman Tun Dr Ismail
10. Phileo Damansara (Seksyen 16)
11. Pusat Bandar Damansara
13. Muzium Negara (KL Sentral)
14. Pasar Seni
15. Merdeka (Stesen Merdeka)
16. Bukit Bintang (Bukit Bintang Sentral)
17. Tun Razak Exchange (Pasar Rakyat)
20. Taman Pertama (Taman Bukit Ria)
21. Taman Midah (Taman Bukit Mewah)
22. Taman Mutiara (Leisure Mall)
23. Taman Connaught (Plaza Phoenix)
24. Taman Suntex
25. Sri Raya (Taman Cuepacs)
26. Bandar Tun Hussein Onn
27. Bukit Dukung (Balakong)
28. Taman Koperasi Cuepacs (Taman Koperasi)
29. Sungai Kantan (Saujana Impian)
30. Bandar Kajang
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!