KOTA BARU: The situation in Kelantan is back to normal, with all relief centres closed down and flood victims returning home.
The last group of 263 victims from various evacuation centres in the state were allowed to go home late yesterday.
All roads are now passable to vehicles including the Sultan Yahya Petra bridge here.
The bridge, which connects the state capital with Tumpat, had been closed to traffic by the Public Works Department on Sunday after a sand-dredging barge broke loose from anchor and crashed into it.
Tenaga Nasional Bhd has also announced that power had been restored to the whole state.
The water level in all major rivers had dropped to below the alert level with fine weather reported in the state.
In Kuala Terengganu, the situation is also improving with more people leaving evacuation centres as floodwaters continue to recede.
Up to 4pm yesterday, only 1,228 flood evacuees from 236 families were still putting up at seven relief centres in Dungun.
The flood evacuees cannot return to their homes because of water stagnation, said a police operations centre spokesman.
He said the Durian Mentagau village road was the only one still closed to traffic in the state, as the water was 1m deep for a distance of 50m.
In Kuantan, the situation was almost back to normal with only two evacuation centres, based at SK Cenderawasih and SRJK (C) Chung Cheng, still operational.
State Public Order and Traffic Chief Supt Baharuddin Sarbaini said the SK Cenderawasih centre was providing shelter to 37 flood victims from Kampung Paya Tiga in Cenderawasih.
The other centre has 52 victims from Medan Warisan.
Did you find this article insightful?