'Hanif usually left condo alone'

  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 12 May 2004


KUALA LUMPUR: A security officer told the High Court that he saw marketing executive Noritta Samsudin and murder accused Hanif Basree Abdul Rahman entering the Puncak Prima Condominium together about 20 to 30 times between Oct 2 and Dec 5 last year. 

K. Thanabalan, 56, who was formerly the head of the condominium’s security team, said Hanif would always come there with Noritta between 1am and 2am. 

“Hanif would usually leave the condominium alone about an hour later,” he added. 

WITNESSES: (From left) Maniam, Thanabalan and Suzaki waiting at the High Court in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday.

Thanabalan, who was the prosecution’s 11th witness, however, said he had never talked to Hanif or Noritta while he was on duty during that period.  

Asked whether he knew what had happened to Noritta, he said he knew she had been murdered on Dec 5. 

Hanif, a former engineer with the Shah Alam City Council, was charged with murdering Noritta, 22, at the Puncak Prima Condominium in Sri Hartamas here between 1.30am and 4am on Dec 5. 

To a question from DPP Stanley Augustin, Thanabalan said he normally worked the night shift – from 7pm to 7am. 

Thanabalan also said he was stationed at the guardhouse when working on Dec 4 and Dec 5. 

“I patrolled the condominium’s compound for about 45 minutes at midnight on Dec 4. 

“I would usually patrol alone while two security guards were stationed at the guardhouse,” he added. 

When asked what had happened at 12.45am on Dec 5, he said he had assigned security guard V. Maniam to patrol the area while he and security guard Suzaki Supok were at the guardhouse. 

Asked whether he saw anything that attracted his attention, he said he saw a white Kancil parked in front of the guardhouse. 

“I saw four people later come out of the car and chat for about 10 minutes with two others who came from the condominium. 

“The two people later walked back together towards the D block using the small gate and the car left,” said Thanabalan, who identified the two as Hanif and Noritta. 

“Hanif wore a pair of blue jeans and a light grey T-shirt while the deceased wore a pair of black shorts and a singlet,” he added. 

Thanabalan also told the court that Hanif’s name was not in the visitors’ registration book that day as Noritta had brought him there. 

“She (Noritta) was staying in one of the units at the condominium and took people inside,” he said, adding that he did not see Hanif coming out of the condominium the day of Noritta’s murder. 

At the outset of the hearing yesterday, Suzaki denied the defence’s suggestion he had blamed the murder on Hanif as the police “had shocked him” by accusing him of the crime. 

He also refuted a claim that the police officers had informed him that they had discovered Hanif’s seminal stains in Noritta’s private parts. 

Suzaki, however, agreed that he did not inform the police of Hanif’s arrival the day of the alleged murder, whether in a written statement or verbally, when he was questioned between Dec 5 and Dec 18. 

Hearing before High Court Justice Abdull Hamid Embong continues today.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Next In Nation

Let our children play together, says Education Minister
No fourth wave: Malaysia still handling the third wave of Covid-19 infections, says Dr Adham
Second video surfaces: Cops looking for organiser behind Raya-themed online gambling ads
Covid-19: 2,331 new cases bring total to 372,859
School principal apologises for racially segregating sports
KK City Hall gets flak over two-week closure for all markets under its purview
51 summonses issued to owner and clients at unlicensed entertainment outlet in KK
Ayob Khan: Raids on Nicky Gang conducted following police SOP
No physical meetings, inter-district travel for Sarawak civil servants
Health Minister: 438,220 people have received both doses of Covid-19 vaccine

Stories You'll Enjoy