BUKIT MERTAJAM: The na-tional service (NS) trainee who was allegedly attacked by fellow trainees at Kem Syruz, Machang Bubok, here, last week has been released from training.
Camp commandant Mejar Sahhidan Arshad said the student had been released from training and no action would be taken against him.
“He also need not attend the passing-out parade on Friday,” he said yesterday.
The student, S. Subhash Raj, 17, was allegedly beaten up on June 1 by three trainees following an argument which stemmed from one of them splashing water on him.
He sustained injuries on his head and right ear and was sent to hospital by his pa- rents who also made a police report.
The boy's father, K. Sundara Murthy, 50, took his son home and was adamant about not sending him back to the camp despite repeated calls.
Sundara Murthy said camp authorities should be more proactive when handling the trainees in the future.
“Try to break up an argument on the spot so that the trainees would not end up fighting,” he said.
Sundara Murthy said he had registered Subhash Raj for an engineering course at a private college on the island and the orientation programme starts on Saturday