Sanitisation of Jalan Damanlela construction site continues


Work at the Jalan Damanlela construction site is only expected to resume in stages next week, according to the project contractor.

WORK has yet to resume at the Jalan Damanlela construction site as sanitisation and disinfection is ongoing.

In a media statement, project contractor WCT Holdings Bhd said there were only 50 workers on site now for housekeeping, maintenance and flood mitigation works.

It said that daily sanitisation would first be carried out for a month and later, weekly.

“The workers’ dormitories located on site are also sanitised daily.

“Workers are still under quarantine and work is only expected to resume in stages next week, ” said WCT.

The company reiterated that none of the current onsite workers were from the former team, adding that they were transferred from another project site.

“Workers who were subcontracted were also tested for the coronavirus before being allowed to work there.”

In the statement, WCT also said that security had been enhanced at the construction site.

“As a further precautionary measure, regular rapid tests will be carried out for all staff and workers, including subcontracted workers, ” it said.

On recent photos of foreign workers with pink wristbands at a construction site, WCT Bhd clarified that they were not from their site. None of its workers wore pink tags.

On Nov 7, WCT announced that it would stop work at its construction site in Jalan Damanlela upon identifying 15 confirmed cases of Covid-19 among personnel.

Following the shutdown, 1,861 workers at the project site were immediately transferred to quarantine centres.

The project site is part of the Damanlela Construction Site Cluster that recorded 1,132 cases as of Nov 16.

The Health Ministry website showed that the cluster encompassed Lembah Pantai, Titiwangsa and Kepong.

A visit by StarMetro to the site saw no visible activity apart from a lone excavator worker clearing construction debris, a team packing building materials and a few workers wearing hard hats and face masks.

Cement trucks and tower cranes were at standstill.

A subcontracted worker said everyone was kept updated on the latest developments through periodic meetings.

The meetings, he said, were aimed at coordinating contractor activities to ensure work would resume smoothly.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Metro News

Donors step up to aid girl in need of liver transplant op
High approval rating for Penang South Reclamation
Fence up Kinta Riverwalk, MBI told
Upgrading works ongoing at sites to meet geopark status
Kajang council working with cops to end illegal dumping
Selangor dengue figures intensify
A ferry ride away from loved ones
Retiree receives Tokoh Guru award from illustrious ex-student
School turns 170 with a splash
MBSP spreads Raya joy with open house

Others Also Read