• There will be a long-term temporary lane realignment at Persiaran Surian near Dataran Sunway (Sungai Buloh-bound) for the Surian station construction until Nov 5. There will be no reduction in number of lanes available for Sungai Buloh-bound motorists.
• A continuation of a night traffic management plan will be implemented at the SPRINT Highway from tomorrow to Aug 5, 10pm to 6am. Night contraflow at SPRINT Highway (KL-bound) from Kiara Interchange to Victoria Station Restaurant stretch and flyover closure from Mont Kiara to Kerinchi Link.
• A continuation of long-term night contra-flow will be implemented along Jalan Cheras from Tesco Cheras, Taman Midah to BHP Petrol Station, Taman Pertama (KL-bound & Kajang-bound) will be implemented from tomorrow to Dec 6 to facilitate construction of MRT pedestrian bridge and MRT station. During the night contra-flow, at least one lane will be made available for motorists from both directions.
The Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (F.A.M.A) Caravan Carnival will be held in Berjaya Times Square KL on May 11, 10am-10pm, to promote Malaysia’s local food. For details, call 1-300-888-988 (customer care hotline ) or visit www.berjayatimessquarekl.com
Learn how to care for adolescents of the 21st century by attending Sunway University’s Parent Conference on May 23 at Sunway University from 10am to 4.30 pm. The conference will act as a platform for sharing of best practices, discussing current issues and knowledge-sharing with experts in the field including psychologists, professional consultants and educators. Register online at http://goo.gl/forms/Eh5vi5paM8, visit the official website at http://bit.ly/sunwaybtgg or call 03-7491 8622 ext 8021 (Judith Chan) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
AID FOR NEPAL
• Non-governmental organisation People4People is collecting daily necessities and food for victims of the recent Nepal earthquake. Any donations will be accepted except cash donations. For details, call 012-280 2058 (Datin Puteri Julie) or e-mail email@example.com
• The Thrangu Dharma Society Petaling Jaya has set up a Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund to aid victims. To donate, bank in to Affin Islamic Bank Berhad Acc No: 20-624-005756-5 for Thrangu Dharma Society Petaling Jaya. All donations will be accounted for and posted on the TDSPJ website http://thrangumy.com/. Fax the bank-in slip to 03-7958 8548 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jennifer Lee) for a receipt. For details, call 03-7958 8548 (Lama Lodro).
The Subang Jaya Buddhist Association (SJBA) has joined the Malaysian Buddhist Joint Relief Effort in aid of the Nepal earthquake victims. Cash donations can be banked into the SJBA account and donors can request receipts by forwarding their bank slips along with their names. Send the donations directly to the Sri Lanka Buddhist Temple in Sentul from today to May 8.
Donations will be sent to Vishwa Shanti Vihara or Charumati Buddha Vihara in Kathmandu or the Fo Guang Shan in New Delhi, India. For details, call 03-5634 8181.
Seen any beautiful garden birds lately? If not, join the free walk at Taman Rimba Kiara on May 17, 7am-11am and get to know more about garden birds and the Malaysian Nature Society’s annual 30-min bird count that is happening on June 20 and 21. For details, visit www.mygardenbirdwatch.com. To register for the walk, whatsapp 012-250 9122 (Bing) by May 15.
Tropicana Medical Centre will be organising a Health Talk on High Blood Pressure: Know Your Number on May 16, 3pm – 5.30pm at Tropicana Medical Centre, Level 2 (Paediatrician Clinic Area), 11, Jalan Teknologi, PJU 5, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya. Admission is free. For details or to RSVP, call 018-211 1079 (Fazulie) or 018-211 1259 (Sarah), or email your full name & contact number to email@example.com
The concert, “Amy Sings The Greatest Hits” will take place at 8pm on May 11 at the Damansara Performing Arts Centre, Empire Damansara. Dress code is formal and all proceeds from ticket sales will go to World Vision Malaysia. Tickets are priced from RM35 to RM55 and can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (Amy Yeoh).
PARENTS DAY CARNIVAL
Sri Kota Specialist Medical Centre Klang (Sri Kota) will be organising a parents day carnival on May 30, 9am-1pm at Sri Kota, 2nd Floor. There will be a health talks on Coping with Perimenopause and Menopause, Understanding your Nose Wellness, Can I have your ears please : What to do & what not to do. Free BMI, Blood pressure test, Glucose test, Bone Density Test and Hearing Test. Lunch and goodie bag provided. Admission is free, lucky draw will be conducted upon registration. Limited seats. For details or registration, call 03-3373 3636 ext 7313/7335/7356.