Blake Lively sued by crisis PR firm she accused of smear campaign


By AGENCY
Photo: AP

The crisis PR firm Blake Lively (pic) alluded to in her California Civil Rights Department complaint — in which she first accused Justin Baldoni of sexual harassment and a retaliatory smear campaign — has sued the It Ends With Us actress amid the never-ending legal feuds surrounding the domestic violence film.

Jed Wallace and his company Street Relations Inc has sued the Gossip Girl alum, 37, for defamation, TMZ reported Wednesday.

Wallace claims to have lost millions of dollars worth of business due to Lively’s CRD filed in California just before Christmas — in which Lively accused him of having contributed to a retaliatory smear campaign after accusing director and co-star Baldoni.

The New York Times article titled We Can Bury Anyone did name “self-described ‘hired gun'” Wallace as well as his firm. Baldoni on Dec 31 sued the outlet for US$250mil over what his lawyer Bryan Freedman has referred to as a “well calculated hit-piece.”

Wallace said Lively added salt to the wound when she sought to have him deposed after identifying Wallace as a subcontractor to Melissa Nathan’s The Agency Group PR, which the actress said launched the “unlawful retaliatory social combat campaign” against her.

“Another day, another state, another nine-figure lawsuit seeking to sue Ms. Lively ‘into oblivion’ for speaking out against sexual harassment and retaliation,” her legal team told several media outlets, adding that Wallace’s suit was “not just a publicity stunt” but “transparent retaliation” for Lively’s CRD complaint.

“While this lawsuit will be dismissed, we are pleased that Mr. Wallace has finally emerged from the shadows, and that he too will be held accountable in federal court.”

Also on Dec 31, Lively sued Baldoni, who hit back last month with a US$400mil lawsuit accusing the actress, her husband Ryan Reynolds and publicist Leslie Sloane of defamation and civil extortion over the allegations. The trio is seeking to dismiss Baldoni’s filing, which was amended over the weekend with additional alleged evidence.

On Monday in Manhattan Federal Court, Judge Lewis Liman did not employ a gag order on either legal team but cautioned both sides to obey professional ethics rules about out-of-court statements. – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

'The Mandalorian And Grogu' review: This is the way to bring Star Wars back
What do Adele and Tom Holland have in common? They graduated from this school
Mandopop singer Jay Chou purchases painting by French artist for RM79mil
Yuna becomes first local artiste to surpass one billion streams on Spotify
Can Baby Yoda bring 'Star Wars' fans back to cinemas?
Paul McCartney helps Stephen Colbert say goodbye to 'Late Show'
Tickets to BTS concerts in Malaysia go on sale June 3
Singer JJ Lin attends girlfriend’s graduation ceremony in New York
Kylie Minogue chose not to reveal second breast cancer diagnosis in 2021
Seagull poops on King Charles during Northern Ireland visit

Others Also Read