NCT bullish about its Smart Industrial Park

SEPANG: NCT Group of Companies aims to achieve a full take-up of the first phase of its NCT Smart Industrial Park (NSIP) by the first quarter of 2025 (1Q25).

NCT group project director Yap Chun Theng said 60% of the factory plots have been booked, which was a 20% increase from April 2023.

Phase one encompasses 230 acres of land, which comprises 278 factory units with a total gross development value of RM2bil.

“Within less than a year, we were able to see good and encouraging results,” he told reporters after the official opening of the NSIP sales gallery.

According to Yap, 95% of the investors are local while the remaining 5% foreigners, varying from industries such as semiconductor, food and beverage, manufacturing, engineering and pharmaceutical.

NCT founder and group managing director Datuk Seri Yap Ngan Choy said the NSIP will continue to attract more high-tech investors.

“This is a future technology park and hopefully the Selangor government will come hand-in-hand with us to help bring in more investors,” he said.

Being the first managed industrial park, NSIP aims to raise the sustainability bar and achieve its goal of becoming the first net-zero emission industrial park by 2050, by leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) and adopting low-carbon industrial framework.

In attempting to optimise energy systems, maximise efficiency and improve mobility, the NSIP will utilise electrification technologies such roof-top solar panels to power its operations.

Yap said this move aligns closely with NCT’s commitment of achieving 45% reduction in carbon emissions by 2035 while supporting the national net-zero agenda.

The industrial park will also deploy digital twin technology through a cloud-based AI Internet of Things platform to support its digitalised industrial and energy system management.

He believes the NSIP is poised to revolutionise the industrial ecosystem in Selangor and the broader Malaysia.

“We are redefining industrial standards by setting a new benchmark for excellence in the sector as a net-zero park. The NSIP’s development is certainly premised on delivering a transformative environment that facilitates profitability and growth,” he said.

He added that the NSIP will be unveiling transformative benefits of smart manufacturing through the integration of Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies and other innovative trends.

“In addition to its dedication to sustainability and digitalisation, the NSIP will serve as the nucleus and comprehensive one-stop centre and facilitate the swift establishment of businesses and smooth operations.

This includes offering a diverse array of services from key entities such as Invest Selangor, Malaysian Investment Development Authority, Human Resource Development Corp, Social Security Organisation and Kuala Langat Municipal Council,” he added.

With a total gross development value of RM10bil, the three phases of NSIP are scheduled for completion in 10 years.

The NSIP is located within the Integrated Development Region in South Selangor (IDRISS).

Present during the event, Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari stated that IDRISS has high potentials and could be considered one of the most vibrant areas with its economic activities once sustainable financing efforts are implemented and welcomed.

“In my recent discussions with local and foreign investors, it seems to be a huge challenge in financing, especially when it comes to startup companies,” he said in his speech.

On that note, he said the Selangor government is in discussions to provide financing assistance via state reserves of RM700mil to RM800mil for projects in the state. The decision has yet to be made and is expected to be announced in May or June 2024.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Business News

Oil gains 1% on hopes of firmer demand
JPMorgan investors weigh CEO Dimon’s strategy, succession plan
Muhibbah rides on Cambodian tourism uptick
Feytech gears up for expansion to meet growing demand
Ready to rise up the ranks again
SC working overtime to combat spread of scams
Russia and Malaysia sign tax agreement
GDP up 4.2% in 1Q24
Chinese firms invest in ‘green’ jet fuel

Others Also Read