Petronas buys 10% stake in Oman's Al Khazzan field


UOB Kay Hian Research analyst Kong Ho Meng said while there have not been any large tenders awarded by Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas), it expected contracts to be rolled out from next year. In Malaysia, he said, about 11% or about 35 of the over 300 platforms have been operating for over 40 years, and more than 200 wells have already been identified to be plugged and abandoned.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) said on Sunday its subsidiary would buy a 10 percent stake in Oman's Al Khazzan gas field, following a bidding exercise held by the exploration arm of state-owned Oman Oil Company.

The Petronas unit, PC Oman Ventures Ltd, would acquire the stake in Block 61 of the field, which is expected to produce around 1.5 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day by 2020.

"Completion of the transaction is subject to closing conditions," Petronas said in a statement.

"Further information will be made available, as and when appropriate."

Oman Oil Company Exploration and Production (OOCEP) said in a statement on Twitter that the sale was "subject to approval from the Sultanate of Oman’s government and other closing conditions".

OOCEP holds a 40 percent stake in the block, while Britain's BP holds the remaining 60 percent. - Reuters
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Petronas , Malaysia , Oman , Al Khazzan , gas field , buy , unit ,

   

Next In Business News

FBM KLCI creeps higher as trading stays cautious
Moratorium under Pemulih package still open for applications
Ringgit opens flat as investors stay on the sidelines
Returning crowds bode well for Resorts World Genting
Quick take: Unisem shares drop on earnings miss
FBM KLCI slightly higher as consolidation continues
Quick take: SCIB shares tumble 23% on suspension risk
Favelle Favco's latest job wins point to improved performance
IT and tech galore in Bukit Jalil
Trading ideas: Yinson, Favelle Favco, Deleum, Advancecon

Others Also Read


Vouchers