The new initiative – eCCRIS is a secure online platform – and the service is provided for free and is available nationwide starting on Friday.
Bank Negara said the CCRIS report shows the financing and repayment history of a borrower with participating financial institutions over the past 12 months.
“It does not provide an assessment of a borrower’s credit standing. It is therefore a factual report and is not a blacklist.,” it said.
Bank Negara said eCCRIS is an extension of its efforts to promote the financial well-being of all Malaysians by encouraging prudent financial management.
With eCCRIS, the public can now access their personal CCRIS reports online via the eCCRIS website.
Users can to monitor and verify their personal credit standing, including their loan repayment history.
Users will also be able to lodge data verification requests directly via eCCRIS to participating financial institutions to verify and correct any inaccuracies identified in their CCRIS report.
The platform was launched by Bank Negara Governor Tan Sri Muhammad Ibrahim.
Also present at the launch were Datuk Kamaluddin Ismail of Association of Development Finance Institutions of Malaysia (ADFIM), Tan Sri Tay Ah Lek of the Association of Banks in Malaysia (ABM), Datuk Mohd Redza Shah Abd Wahid of the Association of Islamic Banking Institutions Malaysia (AIBIM) and Marzunisham Omar, Assistant Governor of Bank Negara.
To register, the public simply needs to follow these five steps:
1. Walk-in to any Bank Negara Malaysia office or Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) branch nationwide to perform a one-time registration.
2. At the CCRIS kiosk, individuals will need to verify their identity using MyKad, and register a valid mobile phone number. For businesses, an authorisation letter and company registration certificates are required for an authorised person to register on behalf of the company.
3. A 6-digit PIN will be sent to the registered mobile phone number.
4. Users are required to key in their MyKad number and 6-digit PIN for first-time login at https://eccris.bnm.gov.my
5. The user will then be required to (i) set preferred user ID and password, (ii) select personal security image and phrase, and (iii) set three security questions and answers.
Did you find this article insightful?
50% readers found this article insightful