French ex-cop faces trial for raping Filipino children


AIX-EN-PROVENCE, France: A former officer with the police's child protection unit in the southern French city of Marseille will face trial on Monday (Sept 1) for allegedly raping and sexually abusing Filipino street children.

The 46-year-old ex-policeman, who has been in custody for four years, was arrested after the head of a youth shelter reported that a 17-year-old resident, a rape victim, had been receiving inappropriate late-night messages from the lead officer on his case.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia agrees to eliminate tariffs on over 99% of US goods, says US trade representative
Fashion star and ASOS co-founder Quentin Griffiths dies in Thailand after balcony fall
Ex-Philippine leader Duterte faces pre-trial ICC hearing
UN touts panel for 'human control' of AI at global summit
Two Cambodian journalists appeal treason convictions over a photo from Thai border clash
Spring Festival travel rush dates back to ancient China, but only for the rich and powerful
Makkah's grand mosque welcomes Muslims on the first Friday of Ramadan
Japan travel warning after Hongkonger beaten with beer bottle in Sapporo
Japan PM Takaichi warns of China 'coercion', vows security overhaul
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings

Others Also Read