Over half of Kashmir tourist spots shut in security review


Flow disrupted: People taking a boat ride in the waters of the Indus River near the Lansdowne Bridge in Sukkur, in the southern Sindh province. India, furious after a deadly attack, has suspended the Indus Waters Treaty with Pakistan, with Islamabad warning that any attempt to stop water flow would be considered an ‘act of war’. — AFP

More than half of the tourist destinations in India’s insurgency-torn Kashmir region have been closed to the public from yesterday, according to a government order reviewed by Reuters, in a bid to tighten security after last week’s attack on holiday-makers.

The assailants segregated men, asked their names and targeted Hindus before shooting them at close range in the Pahalgam area, killing 26 people, officials and survivors said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
US Supreme Court strikes down Trump's sweeping tariffs
Analysis-Britain's royals face their worst crisis in 90 years over Andrew's Epstein links
US judge upholds $243 million verdict against Tesla over fatal Autopilot crash
Thai police go undercover as lion dancers to nab a serial burglar
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Friday (Feb 20, 2024)
Chinese scientists develop AI model to push deep-space exploration
Peru’s President Jose Jeri ousted after ‘Chifagate’ scandal tied to Chinese contractor
Singapore to ease measures against Nipah virus outbreak as condition stabilise
Indonesia agrees to eliminate tariffs on over 99% of US goods, says US trade representative

Others Also Read