Jokowi faces storm of lawsuits six months after stepping down


JAKARTA: Six months after stepping down from the nation’s top post, former president Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo has been the target of a barrage of lawsuits, which analysts say underscores the accumulated disapproval over his presidency.

The hearings on two civil lawsuits, the first alleges that Jokowi used fake diplomas to qualify for public office while the second alleges that he defaulted on his promise regarding the production target for the locally-made car brand Esemka, began last week at the Surakarta District Court in Central Java, Jokowi’s hometown, without his presence.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Indonesia , Jokowi , lawsuits

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump's global tariffs
Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 21, 2026)
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Japan issues travel alert for over 50 countries amid Middle East escalation and issues
'Still a shocker' - Audrey Fang's death: Family asks Spain court to extend suspect Mitchell Ong’s detention by two years
Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing

Others Also Read