Wanted Singaporean man may have fled to Chiang Rai: Thai police say


- Photo: The Nation/ANN

BANGKOK: A Singaporean national suspected of murdering his Thai girlfriend at a condo in Bangkok may have fled to Chiang Rai, police said after finding the woman’s body.

A manhunt has been launched for Daniel Benjamin Goh Wei-En, 32, after Metropolitan Police found the body of his 30-year-old girlfriend, Phraophilas (surname withheld), in a condominium in Sukhumvit Soi 39 on Wednesday (March 26).

Goh was reportedly seen leaving the condominium at 3.17pm on Tuesday (March 25) with luggage before driving away in black Mercedes.

After running a licence plate check, police discovered that the vehicle was registered to a deceased person.

Investigators tracked the vehicle to a hotel in Bangkok’s Makkasan area, where they learned the suspect had switched to a bronze SUV, accoding to Pol Maj-General Noppasin Poonsawat, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau.

He added that evidence suggests Goh may have travelled to the North of Thailand to evade authorities.

- Photo: The Nation/ANN
- Photo: The Nation/ANN

Investigators also believe that the suspect may have taken some of the deceased’s valuables, including luxury watches and handbags, he added.

“Officers are working to catch the suspect as quickly as possible to minimise any negative impact on tourism,” Noppasin said, adding that personal disputes could be the motive for the murder.

A friend of the deceased reportedly told the police that the couple fought frequently, with some arguments escalating to physical violence.

The mother of the deceased told Nation TV on Thursday that her daughter had been seeing the suspect for about three years.

The two were also business partners in Bangkok, but Phraophilas never introduced Goh to her family in Khon Kaen, she added.

Police are still waiting for autopsy results to determine the cause of Phraophilas’ death. - The Nation/ANN

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump's global tariffs
Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 21, 2026)
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Japan issues travel alert for over 50 countries amid Middle East escalation and issues
'Still a shocker' - Audrey Fang's death: Family asks Spain court to extend suspect Mitchell Ong’s detention by two years
Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing

Others Also Read