Cambodia: More flood havoc as over 37,000 evacuated and death toll rises to 25


Govt officials visit flood victims in Banteay Meanchey province on Monday (Oct 19, 2020). - The Phnom Penh Post/Asian News Network

PHNOM PENH, Oct 20 (Xinhua): Flash floods in Cambodia have so far claimed 25 lives and forced the evacuation of 37,396 people, Seak Vichet, a spokesman for the National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM), said on Monday night (Oct 19).

Tropical storm-triggered rains caused floods in 19 of the kingdom's 25 cities and provinces since the beginning of the month, he said, adding that 312,224 people have also been affected.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia pledges up to 8,000 troops to Gaza, deployment in 1-2 months: Prabowo
Suspect used ChatGPT in planning drug killings in South Korea: Police
Thai army reports wildfire situation in eight border areas, originating from Cambodia
Philippines' Duterte earned global infamy, praise at home
Crew member dies after fire on cruise ship en route to Singapore; all 224 passengers safe
Stocks dip and oil climbs as Trump ramps up Iran threats
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
FBM KLCI lift slightly amid higher crude oil prices
North Korea's Kim opens 9th Party Congress citing economic achievements
‘Roaring new chapter’ for nation’s cheetah population

Others Also Read