Cambodia: Flood situation gets worse - over 26,000 evacuated and 20 dead already


A rescue team transports people by speedboat through floodwaters on the outskirts of Phnom Penh on Sunday (Oct 18, 2020). Flash floods in Cambodia have so far left 20 people dead and forced the evacuation of 26,608 people. - AFP

PHNOM PENH, Oct 18 (Xinhua): Flash floods in Cambodia have so far left 20 people dead and forced the evacuation of 26,608 people, Seak Vichet, a spokesman for the National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM), said on Sunday.

Tropical storm-triggered rains caused floods in 19 of the kingdom's 25 cities and provinces since the beginning of the month, he said, adding that 245,428 people have also been affected.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Chinese scientists put quantum chaos in ‘slow motion’
Trump to remove Vietnam from restricted tech list, says Hanoi
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years
Myanmar issues complete ban on e-cigarettes and e-shisha
Muslims preserve Ramadan traditions and religious bonding all over South-East Asia, and even in Myanmar to Cambodia
US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Next South China Sea code of conduct negotiations set in Singapore in last week of February
Autism among males and females more equal than thought�
Indonesia’s narcotics agency calls for full vape ban over drug abuse risk
Deadly virus kills over 70 tigers at Chiang Mai park in north Thailand

Others Also Read