Laos sees drop in traffic fatalities during New Year celebrations


VIENTIANE: Road accidents claimed 26 lives across Laos during the 2025 Lao New Year celebrations from April 11 to 17, a decrease from the 33 fatalities reported during the same period last year.

A total of 313 accidents were recorded across the country during the cited period, deputy head of the traffic police department under the Lao Ministry of Public Security, Keomala Sengthong, told a press conference on Friday (April 18).

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Laos , road , accidents , new year

Next In AseanPlus

Bipartisan push grows for Quad summit before Trump’s China trip
US offers more details on claim China conducted secret nuclear weapons test
Late bargain-hunting lifts Bursa Malaysia to end higher
Net foreign inflows into Malaysian bonds reach RM951.9mil in January - RAM Ratings
Hong Kong shares fall after Lunar New Year break, tech drops
‘Stay vigilant even in peace,’ Hong Kong rural leader says in Lunar New Year prophecy
China's Dunhuang draws more tourists in winter
S'pore PM Lawrence Wong arrives in Malaysia for special visit
Budweiser and Heineken face polar opposite fates in China as punters favour home comforts
Fans flock to Japan zoo to see viral baby monkey Punch, finds comfort in stuffed orangutan, and charms crowd

Others Also Read