Bersih 4: MCMC blocks four websites


  • Nation
  • Friday, 28 Aug 2015

KUALA LUMPUR: The Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has blocked four websites found to be promoting and disseminating information about the illegal Bersih 4 rally. 

Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Dr Salleh Said Keruak said the four websites were http://bersih.org, http://globalbersih.org, http://www.bersih.org and http://www.globalbersih.org.

"I was told that four sites have been blocked," he told Bernama when contacted here Friday. 

On Thursday, the MCMC said in a statement that it would block any websites or news portals found to be promoting, disseminating information and encouraging the public to participate in the illegal rally as such action could be detrimental to the country.

"So far, no news portals were found to be promoting the rally, just more on reporting, so there was no violation of law ... there's no reason for news portal operators to be worried," Salleh said. 

Bernama attempted to access the blocked websites and encountered a blank “server error” page with a note saying "the resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable". - BERNAMA

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

MCMC , Salleh Said Keruak , Bersih

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across the site