American couple recall workers’ harsh plight


GEORGE TOWN: An American couple living near the Tanjung Bungah project recalls when the area was hit by floods last month.

Jesse and Sarah Rinkenberger said the roofs of the foreign workers’ shacks were blown off during the huge storm on Sept 15.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll
Puteri Umno hopes to field candidates in Melaka polls
Suspect nabbed in PJ over allegedly seditious posts
Chukai's Teluk Kalong beach hit by coal pollution again
Dumai and Batam among routes used to smuggle Indonesians into Malaysia, says consulate
Selangor may declare holiday if host tops Sukma medal tally
Federal Territories PAS drafting manifesto 'drawn from the grassroots up'

Others Also Read