Home > News > Nation
Wednesday January 29, 2014 MYT 10:11:00 PM
Wednesday January 29, 2014 MYT 10:15:04 PM
by natasha joibi
Muhamad Zariff Abdul Kalek.
KAJANG: The six-year-old boy who was reportedly abducted in Bandar Baru Bangi has been found safe with his father in Sungai Petani, Kedah.
Selangor deputy police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Abd Rahim Jaafar said Muhamad Zariff Abdul Kalek’s father had picked him up from a kindergarten on Wednesday morning.
“We received a report from his mother claiming that Muhamad Zariff had been kidnapped.
“Upon investigation, however, we discovered the boy is with his father in Sungai Petani,” said DCP Abd Rahim.
“We believe it is a domestic dispute between the boy’s parents,” said DCP Abd Rahim.
Eryanis Dadameah, 40, initially told police that her son was abducted by two men in a white Perodua Alza.
The freelance company secretary said she was shoved to the ground by one of the abductors and was forced to watch helplessly as her son was taken away at about 8.15am.
“I was driving him and my five-year-old daughter Qisya to the kindergarten which is near our house in Taman Damai Impian,” said Eryanis.
“I noticed a car following us. When I arrived there, I got out to open the front door for my children to get out.
“My daughter had already got out when the car stopped behind our car and a man came and pushed me to the ground,” she added.
“He then grabbed Muhamad Zariff from the car and forced him into his car. It all happened so fast,” said Eryanis.
The mother said that she lifted herself off the ground and put her daughter back into the car.
“I sped after the abductors’ car. I tried my best to chase after them, but I lost them at the junction,” she said.
The mother of three, who just moved from Penang a month ago with her family, said she lodged a report at the Bandar Baru Bangi police station.
She added that NGOs like Mission for Missing Children approached her family, offering to assist in the search for Muhamad Zariff.
Tags / Keywords:
Crime, Kidnapped, Muhamad Zariff
Boy, six, accused of rape
Phones are busy but no promising lead on William
Police: Action will be taken against those who make crank calls regarding William
RM60,000 reward for information on William Yau's case
William’s family appeals for privacy during time of grief
Deepavali: The festival of light in colour
Four Customs officers charged with bribery over liquor smuggling
Let's get our act together, Najib tells Muslim world
Liow to talk with US officials over aviation security
Probe into athlete’s dope test
Children of Sosilawati apply for death certificate
Fright nights at Disney and Warner Bros parks
Bilbao keeper's blunder hands Porto victory
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)