Tennis-'I've been suffering': Sorribes Tormo takes indefinite break


FILE PHOTO: Tennis - Billie Jean King Cup Qualifiers - Group B - Spain v Brazil - Rt Torax Arena, Ostrava, Czech Republic - April 11, 2025 Spain's Sara Sorribes Tormo celebrates winning her match against Brazil's Laura Pigossi REUTERS/David W Cerny/File Photo

(Reuters) -Spain's Sara Sorribes Tormo is taking an indefinite break from tennis after the Olympic medallist said on Thursday that the physical and mental toll it had taken on her in the last few months had been too much.

Sorribes Tormo, who won the doubles bronze at the Paris Olympics last year, said she had been "suffering for many months" on the court before taking the decision to take some time off to rejuvenate her mind and body.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Tennis

Tennis-Pegula beats Svitolina in straight sets in Dubai final
Tennis-Alcaraz defeats Rublev to reach Qatar Open final against Fils
Tennis-Svitolina downs Gauff, Pegula fights back to beat Anisimova in Dubai semis
Tennis-Players run for cover as honey bees swarm Bengaluru stadium
Tennis-Badosa slams online 'disrespect' after Dubai injury retirement
Tennis-WTA forms special council to overhaul congested calendar amid player concerns
Tennis-Ruzic grabs Dubai spotlight as lucky loser shocks Raducanu
Tennis-Lucky losers step in as withdrawals shake Dubai draw, reignite calendar debate
Tennis-Alcaraz says he still has 'weaknesses' ahead of return in Doha
Tennis-Cerundolo ends Argentina Open heartbreak with maiden home title

Others Also Read