Tennis-Top seed Alcaraz confident, says Djokovic is Wimbledon favourite


Tennis - Wimbledon - Preview - All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, London, Britain - July 2, 2023 Spain's Carlos Alcaraz during practice REUTERS/Andrew Couldridge

LONDON (Reuters) - World number one Carlos Alcaraz is the new big thing in men's tennis but says Novak Djokovic remains the favourite to retain his Wimbledon title this month.

The 20-year-old Alcaraz won the prestigious Queen's Club title last week in what was only his third tournament on grass, moving back to the top of the rankings at the same time.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Tennis

Tennis-Pegula downs Anisimova to advance to Cincinnati Open semi-finals
Tennis-Alcaraz confirms US Open return after four-month injury layoff
Tennis-Grand Slams create player advisory council amid push for increased prize money
Tennis-US Open announces record $108 million prize purse
Tennis-Bejlek shocks Sabalenka, Paul ousts top seed Zverev in Cincinnati
A tense road to gold
Tennis-Kyrgios provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine
Tennis-Red-hot Nakashima stuns Medvedev to reach Cincinnati fourth round
Tennis-Williams sisters beaten on doubles return at Cincinnati Open
Tennis-Djokovic falls in Cincinnati heat in first match since Wimbledon

Others Also Read