Rugby-Wales women's coach Cunningham steps down after player contracts furore


FILE PHOTO: Rugby Union - Women's Six Nations - Wales v Ireland - Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales, Britain - March 25, 2023 Wales head coach Ioan Cunningham during the warm up before the match Action Images via Reuters/John Sibley/File Photo

(Reuters) - Wales women's coach Ioan Cunningham has left by mutual agreement after three years in the job, the Welsh Rugby Union said on Friday a week after the WRU apologised to players for its handling of contract negotiations.

Wales, who are ranked 10th in the world, managed only four wins in 11 games this year. They finished last in the women's Six Nations earlier this year.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Rugby

Rugby-Late Turner try earns Scotland 26-23 comeback win in Wales
Rugby-Ragged England undone by Ireland's greater desire and intent
Rugby-Ireland demolish sloppy England in record 42-21 victory
Rugby-Waratahs coach McKellar determined to keep Jorgensen fit for Super Rugby challenge
Rugby-Capuozzo back in Italian side to take on France
Rugby-France reshuffle second row for Six Nations clash with Italy
Rugby-Evergreen Slipper packs down for 200th Super Rugby match
Rugby-Crowley to start as Ireland head to Twickenham in search of form
Rugby-Wales select uncapped wing Hamer-Webb for visit of Scotland
Rugby-Furlong ridicule out of order, says Italy prop who gave him 'wings'

Others Also Read