Soccer-Disallowed King strike voted Fulham's goal of the month


FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Premier League - Chelsea v Fulham - Stamford Bridge, London, Britain - August 30, 2025 Fulham's Josh King celebrates scoring a goal that was later disallowed REUTERS/Hannah Mckay/File Photo

(Reuters) -Fulham's 18-year-old midfielder Josh King may have been denied his first Premier League goal by a controversial VAR decision last month, but his strike against Chelsea was voted the club's goal of the month for August, the London side said on Wednesday.

King made a run from his own half to latch onto a long pass from Sander Berge and went haring into the Chelsea area, turning defender Tosin Adarabioyo before coolly unleashing a powerful low strike into the bottom corner.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Football

Soccer-Carrick sidesteps Ratcliffe immigration row, reinforces Man Utd's values
Soccer-City's Guardiola shrugs off tightening title race, saying 12 games is an eternity
Soccer-Bayern boss Kompany blasts Mourinho over Vinicius racism row response
Soccer-MLS in the spotlight in World Cup year as Messi's Miami begin title defence
Soccer-Turkey detains 32 suspects in widening betting probe, prosecutor's office says
Soccer-Perfect start for Pereira as Forest enjoy record win at Fenerbahce
Coach Hazman wants quick response from Terengganu after Malaysia Cup blow
Proud Munoz salutes JDT’s fighting spirit in ACLE triumph
Soccer-Real say they have provided evidence to UEFA to help it investigate Vinicius racism allegation
Soccer-Liverpool’s Slot says football must do more after Vinicius racism allegation

Others Also Read