Ministry slam brawl involving football fans at train station


KUALA LUMPUR: The Youth and Sports Ministry (KBS) have condemned the brawl involving football fans at the Bandar Tasik Selatan Light Rail Transit (LRT) Station on the Ampang-Sri Petaling Line on Friday.

Minister Hannah Yeoh stressed that winning and losing is part of the game and all sides must respect government assets, which are the proceeds of taxpayers, including the perpetrators themselves.

“So, if they look at it as ‘oh this is Prasarana (Prasarana Malaysia Berhad)’s asset, so no need to take care’, then that’s very silly. So, I hope such an incident does not recur.

“Prasarana normally extends its service hours for the convenience of football supporters, so we must return the favour,” she told reporters after the prize-presentation ceremony for the 2024 National Women’s League at the Merdeka Stadium.

Prasarana said that it had filed a police report about the incident at the Sungai Besi Police Station.

The midnight incident was reported to have damaged facilities at the station, including the doors and windows of the train, although no injuries were reported.

Cheras police chief ACP Aidil Bolhassan, meanwhile, confirmed that between 20 and 30 people were involved in the incident, which included fighting, throwing trash cans and kicking the train doors.

He said no arrests had been made so far, and the case is being investigated under Sections 147 and 427 of the Penal Code. — Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Football

Soccer-Osasuna stun Real Madrid 2-1 to blow LaLiga title race open
Soccer-Late goals keep Inter in control of Serie title race
Soccer-Ten-man Chelsea implode again in home draw with Burnley
Soccer-Abraham's dream return pays off as Villa salvage late point against Leeds
Soccer-Villa and Chelsea drop points, Milner breaks Premier league record
Soccer-Kane double sends Bayern nine points clear after late Frankfurt scare
Soccer-Milner set to break Premier League appearance record with 654th game
Soccer-Wellington coach Italiano quits after 5-0 loss to rivals Auckland in A-League
Soccer-FA won't take action against Man Utd owner Ratcliffe over immigration remarks
Soccer-Arteta dismisses ‘bottlers’ talk amid title wobble

Others Also Read