Cricket-PSL committee rejects Fakhar's appeal, upholds two‑match ban


Cricket - First T20 International - Pakistan Practice Session - Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds, Britain - May 21, 2024 Pakistan's Fakhar Zaman during the practice session Action Images via Reuters/Lee Smith

April 2 (Reuters) - ⁠The Pakistan Super League technical ⁠committee dismissed Fakhar Zaman's appeal ‌and upheld the two-match ban imposed on the batter for ball tampering, the ​country's cricket board (PCB) said ⁠on Thursday.

The PCB ⁠had suspended the 35-year-old for two ⁠PSL ‌matches earlier in the week after he was ⁠found guilty of the offence during ​Lahore ‌Qalandars' four-wicket defeat by Karachi ⁠Kings on ​Sunday, a decision Fakhar subsequently challenged.

"In accordance with the Code ⁠of Conduct, any decision made ​by the PSL technical committee shall be the full, final and ⁠complete disposition of the matter and will be binding on all parties," PCB said in a ​statement.

Fakhar will miss ⁠Lahore's matches against Multan Sultans on ​Friday and Islamabad ‌United on April 9.

(Reporting ​by Suramya Kaushik in Bengaluru, editing by Pritha Sarkar)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Others Also Read