5 Boko Haram militants killed in repelled attack in Cameroon


By ArisonWang Ze

YAOUNDE, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) -- At least five Boko Haram militants were killed when they launched an offensive against a military camp in Cameroon's Far North region, security sources confirmed on Thursday.

The attack occurred late Wednesday into early Thursday at the Bargaram military camp, which hosts Cameroon's elite Rapid Intervention Battalion.

Heavily armed Boko Haram militants attacked the camp on several fronts during the night-long battle but were later repelled by soldiers who killed five of them and dumped the bodies in a public place, a military official in the region, who asked not to be named, told Xinhua.

Last week, five Boko Haram militants were killed when they attempted to raid the same military camp. Local media reported that Thursday's attack was an act of revenge by the terror group.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

'Fjord' by Romania's Cristian Mungiu wins Cannes' top prize
Gunman dies in shootout outside White House
Ukraine’s capital Kyiv hit by massive missile, drone attack
Flash: Secret Service takes down gunman after he fired multiple gunshots near White House: media
Suspect dies after trading gunfire with officers near White House, Secret Service says
Flash: White House on lockdown following gunshots: media
Urgent: White House North Lawn cleared after sound of gunshots: media
Flash: White House North Lawn cleared after sound of gunshots: media
Flash: Shots heard near White House: media
US conducts military drill over Venezuelan capital Caracas

Others Also Read