Trump cuts of federal aid puts more pressure on U.S. food banks: report


By Xia Lin

NEW YORK, April 29 (Xinhua) -- Earlier this year, the Donald Trump administration cut about 1 billion U.S. dollars in federal aid announced last fall by then U.S. President Joseph Biden to anti-hunger groups, according to the national advocacy group Feeding America.

"That put more pressure on charitable organizations that distribute groceries or meals to hold up their corner of the American safety net, dipping into reserves and scrounging for donations to replace the food they had lost," reported The New York Times on Tuesday about the effects of the move.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

California avalanche: All nine victim bodies recovered
Two KLM aircraft collide on the ground at Schiphol Airport
Trump says he is sending a hospital ship to Greenland
OIC condemns statements by US ambassador to Israel
Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
Australia rejects report it is repatriating families of IS militants from Syrian camp
5 bodies of migrants washed ashore in east of Libya's capital Tripoli, police officer says
Islamic State claims two attacks on Syrian army, announces ‘new phase’ of operations
German duo Nolte/Levi defend Olympic title in 2-woman bobsled
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 21

Others Also Read