White House removes Russian state media reporter from Oval Office, official says


FILE PHOTO: The White House is seen through a metal gate in Washington, U.S., October 6, 2019. REUTERS/Erin Scott/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House removed a TASS reporter from the Oval Office on Friday once the issue was flagged to them, saying the Russian state outlet was not on the approved media list for U.S. President Donald Trump's meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, a White House official said.

(Reporting by Nandita Bose; writing by Susan Heavey)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

With tariffs ruling, Supreme Court reasserts its power to check Trump
Exclusive-Cuban security forces exit Venezuela as US pressure mounts
France's Macron calls for calm ahead of march for far-right activist killed last week
Two soldiers, five militants killed in Bannu, Pakistan army says
Ukrainians, scattered across Europe, trapped in limbo by war
Macron says US Supreme Court tariff ruling shows it is good to have counterweights to power in democracies
Analysis-Trump pushes US toward war with Iran as advisers urge focus on economy
Trump meets Vietnam leader, vows to remove Hanoi from restricted lists
Analysis-Supreme Court checks Trump's expansive view of executive power
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, imposes new 10% levy

Others Also Read