Ammunition initiative for Ukraine to continue, Czech president says


FILE PHOTO: President of the Czech Republic Petr Pavel delivers a speech during his state visit, at the Bundeshaus in Bern, Switzerland, November 6, 2024. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse/File Photo

PRAGUE (Reuters) - A Czech-led initiative to supply Ukraine with large-calibre ammunition has delivered 1.6 million shells and will continue, Czech President Petr Pavel said on Saturday, a year after he announced the drive to help Ukraine in its war against Russia.

Pavel said on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference that funding had been secured for shipments until April and the initiative would continue beyond that time.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Figure skating roundup: Shaidorov lands historic gold for Kazakhstan as China holds on with fifth in pairs
Rijpma-de Jong wins women's 1,500m gold at Milan-Cortina Winter Games (Updated)
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, vows new 10% levy
U.S. Supreme Court rules Trump administration's sweeping tariffs illegal
1st LD Writethru: U.S. Q4 GDP growth up 1.4 pct, well below estimate
Crude futures settle mixed
U.S. dollar ticks down
First foot-and-mouth case confirmed in Cyprus gov't-controlled areas, farm sealed
Graft allegations spark clashes in Albania between police and protesters
Iran prepares counterproposal as Trump weighs strikes

Others Also Read