Acting NASA chief says DOGE reviewing agency spending as hundreds take buyout


FILE PHOTO: Director of NASA's John F. Kennedy Space Center Janet Petro speaks ahead of the Crew-7 mission launch to the International Space Station on the SpaceX Dragon crew spacecraft, at Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida, U.S. August 20, 2023. REUTERS/Joe Skipper/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - NASA's acting administrator Janet Petro said on Wednesday that Elon Musk's government efficiency panel planned to examine the space agency's spending, and noted hundreds of agency employees had accepted a government buyout proposal.

"We are going to have DOGE come. They're going to look - similarly what they've done in other agencies - at our payments and what money has gone out," Petro, who was previously the head of NASA's Kennedy Space Center, told reporters on the sidelines of a space industry conference in Washington.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Trump meets Vietnam leader, vows to remove Hanoi from restricted lists
Analysis-Supreme Court checks Trump's expansive view of executive power
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, imposes new 10% levy
US says it struck vessel in the eastern Pacific, killing three men
1st LD: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
Tajikistan's population reaches 10.72 million
Switzerland takes men's curling bronze, Sweden, Switzerland set up women's final at Milan-Cortina
Coventry hails Milan-Cortina Games as 'truly successful'
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 20
U.S. stocks close higher

Others Also Read