South Korea extends shutdown of Muan international airport to April 18


FILE PHOTO: The wreckage of the Jeju Air aircraft that went off the runway and crashed lies at Muan International Airport, in Muan, South Korea, December 30, 2024. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/File Photo

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea has decided to extend to April 18 the shutdown of Muan international airport where a Jeju Air passenger jet crashed last month, the transport ministry said on Saturday.

The airport is the site of the Dec. 29 crash of the Jeju Air Boeing 737-800 jet that killed 179 passengers on board.

(Reporting by Joyce Lee, Editing by Timothy Heritage)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

California avalanche: All nine victim bodies recovered
Two KLM aircraft collide on the ground at Schiphol Airport
Trump says he is sending a hospital ship to Greenland
OIC condemns statements by US ambassador to Israel
Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
Australia rejects report it is repatriating families of IS militants from Syrian camp
5 bodies of migrants washed ashore in east of Libya's capital Tripoli, police officer says
Islamic State claims two attacks on Syrian army, announces ‘new phase’ of operations
German duo Nolte/Levi defend Olympic title in 2-woman bobsled
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 21

Others Also Read