Bodies of missing Spanish boys found two weeks after flash floods


People walk on one of the bridges over the new Turia riverbed that connects Valencia with the towns in the south of the metropolitan area in Valencia, Spain, November 6, 2024. REUTERS/ Eva Manez/File Photo

MADRID (Reuters) - The bodies of two young brothers who went missing in floods that struck Spain's eastern Valencia region two weeks ago have been found, the Civil Guard confirmed on Wednesday.

Ruben and Izan Matias Calatayud, aged 3 and 5, were found in separate locations near Catarroja, almost 10 km (6 miles) downstream from their home in Torrent, a suburb of Valencia city, where they went missing when the floods hit on Oct. 29, a Civil Guard spokesperson said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

France's Macron calls for calm ahead of march for far-right activist killed last week
Two soldiers, five militants killed in Bannu, Pakistan army says
Ukrainians, scattered across Europe, trapped in limbo by war
Macron says US Supreme Court tariff ruling shows it is good to have counterweights to power in democracies
Analysis-Trump pushes US toward war with Iran as advisers urge focus on economy
Trump meets Vietnam leader, vows to remove Hanoi from restricted lists
Analysis-Supreme Court checks Trump's expansive view of executive power
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, imposes new 10% levy
US says it struck vessel in the eastern Pacific, killing three men
1st LD: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff

Others Also Read