Mexico's president defends decision to share journalist's phone number


FILE PHOTO: Mexico's President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador gestures as he attends the 85th anniversary of Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH), at the National Museum of World Cultures, in Mexico City, Mexico February 6, 2024. REUTERS/Henry Romero/File Photo

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico's president on Monday shared a letter from the New York Times' bureau chief for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean for the second time and defended his decision last week to share her private telephone number publicly.

President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador shared the letter from the Times' Natalie Kitroeff to his head of communications at his morning press conference, although the version on Monday obscured the telephone number which he had made public on Thursday.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, vows new 10% levy
First foot-and-mouth case confirmed in Cyprus gov't-controlled areas, farm sealed
Graft allegations spark clashes in Albania between police and protesters
Attackers kill at least 50, abduct women and children in Nigeria's Zamfara state
Iran prepares counterproposal as Trump weighs strikes
Trump orders temporary 10% global tariff to replace duties struck down by US Supreme Court
Urgent: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
UK gov't considers removing Andrew from royal line of succession: media
Flash: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
Rijpma-de Jong wins women's 1,500m gold at Milan-Cortina Winter Games

Others Also Read