Croatia wildfire extinguished, 30 houses destroyed


ZAGREB, July 18 (Xinhua) -- The severe wildfire that had been raging in the area of Zaton and Raslina on the Adriatic coast of Croatia since last Wednesday was declared extinguished on Monday. Thirty houses and several cars and boats were burnt down in the blaze.

The actual damage has yet to be assessed, Croatia's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Davor Bozinovic said during his visit to the area on Monday.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

'Fjord' by Romania's Cristian Mungiu wins Cannes' top prize
Gunman dies in shootout outside White House
Ukraine’s capital Kyiv hit by massive missile, drone attack
Flash: Secret Service takes down gunman after he fired multiple gunshots near White House: media
Suspect dies after trading gunfire with officers near White House, Secret Service says
Flash: White House on lockdown following gunshots: media
Urgent: White House North Lawn cleared after sound of gunshots: media
Flash: White House North Lawn cleared after sound of gunshots: media
Flash: Shots heard near White House: media
US conducts military drill over Venezuelan capital Caracas

Others Also Read