Attackers kill five soldiers, one civilian in north Cameroon, say officials


DOUALA (Reuters) - Unidentified attackers killed five Cameroonian soldiers and one civilian during a raid on a military outpost in the far north of the country, local authorities said on Tuesday, the second deadly raid in the area in the past week.

An army post in the village of Zigue was attacked at around 9 p.m. (2000 GMT) on Monday, according to two officials who asked not to be identified.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Trump says he will raise US global tariff rate from 10% to 15%
Ukraine strikes ballistic missile producer deep inside Russia, Kyiv says
Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump's global tariffs
Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Ukraine hits Russian ballistic missiles producer in Udmurtia, Kyiv says
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years
With tariffs ruling, Supreme Court reasserts its power to check Trump
Exclusive-Cuban security forces exit Venezuela as US pressure mounts
Thousands march in Lyon after French far-right activist killed last week
Two soldiers, five militants killed in Bannu, Pakistan army says

Others Also Read