Two more people die from coronavirus in Italy - civil protection agency


  • World
  • Thursday, 27 Feb 2020

ROME (Reuters) - Two more people have died in Italy from coronavirus, bringing the death toll from the worst outbreak of the disease yet seen in Europe to 14, the Civil Protection agency said in a statement on Thursday.

The agency chief, Angelo Borrelli, had earlier told reporters that officials were still seeking confirmation that coronavirus was responsible for the latest two deaths. The number of confirmed cases has risen to 528 from some 420 announced on Wednesday, the vast majority in northern Italy.

(Reporting by Angelo Amante; Editing by Crispian Balmer)

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In World

'If not now, when?': Emotional Australian PM reveals next steps on Indigenous referendum
In Australia, state election challenges powerful slot machine industry
Biden to have brief meeting with Trudeau political rival on Canada visit
Florida moves to expand ban on sexual orientation, gender identity teaching
UK to review security at Indian High Commission in London after protests
Saudi, Iranian foreign ministers to meet to pave way to re-open embassies -Saudi state news agency
Storm kills 5 people in U.S. San Francisco Bay Area
Ukraine seeks to clinch 15.6-bln-USD program with IMF in coming weeks
Job listing platform Indeed laying off 2,200 employees
Five African migrants die, 28 missing after boat sinks off Tunisia

Others Also Read