Vatican says Israeli-Palestinian peace process at risk after U.S. move


FILE PHOTO: Palestinians hurl stones at Israeli troops during clashes in the West Bank village of Si'eer north of the West Bank city of Hebron October 25, 2015. REUTERS/Mussa Qawasma

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican said on Thursday the search for peace between Israelis and Palestinians had been put at risk after the United States backed Israel's building of settlements in the occupied West Bank.

"In the context of recent decisions that risk undermining further the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and the already fragile regional stability, the Holy See reiterates its position of a two-state solution for two peoples, as the only way to reach a complete solution to this age-old conflict," the Vatican said in a statement.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Mariana, 18 more Brazil cities join Vale-BHP dam collapse compensation deal
2 killed, 7 injured in drone attacks across Crimea and Donetsk: regional authorities
Norway raises tariff concerns in talks with U.S. trade official
Estonia marks 35th anniversary of restoration of independence
Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan moved to hospital after court order, his party says
Woman charged with planning ISIS-inspired attack on New York State Capitol building
U.S. stocks close lower
Cameroonian president returns home after over two months abroad
Bulgaria to cut nuclear reactor output due to low Danube water levels
Roundup: Chinese new energy vehicles gain ground in Italy

Others Also Read