QuickCheck: Did a customer get food poisoning after eating at a Johor Baru restaurant?


A VIDEO has gone viral purportedly showing a person suffering from food poisoning after eating a sandwich at a restaurant in Taman Sentosa, Johor Baru. Is this true?

VERDICT:

TRUE

Following the viral video, an inspection was conducted by the Johor Baru District Health Office.

Johor Health and Unity Committee chairman Ling Tian Soon said an inspection found that the level of cleanliness at the outlet in Taman Sentosa here was unsatisfactory.

“Premises closure orders and three Notices under Section 32B of the Food Act 1983 have been issued for offences that violate the Food Hygiene Regulations 2009 (PPKM)," he said in a statement on Monday (May 16).

He added that the Health Office was monitoring and tracking food poisoning cases related to the incident from government and private health facilities.

He also advised the public to take preventive measures to reduce the risk of food poisoning.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Others Also Read