PETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has not been hospitalised, confirms one of his aides.
“There is no basis for these rumours, ” he told The Star on Saturday (Jan 23).
A screenshot of a Facebook post has been widely circulated on messaging apps, with a comment claiming that Dr Mahathir had been hospitalised.
The post referred to Dr Mahathir’s blog post on Friday (Jan 22) about one of his family members who was recently infected with Covid-19.
Dr Mahathir had said that the family member did not show any serious symptoms initially and was put under home quarantine but was later sent to hospital after experiencing breathing difficulties.
“Somebody couldn’t understand the translation or the translation is inaccurate, ” added the aide.
Did you find this article insightful?
55% readers found this article insightful