Fire breaks out at S'wak offshore oil facility, no injuries reported


 KUCHING: Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of PETRONAS Carigali, has confirmed that a fire occurred at its West Lutong Vent A facility offshore Sarawak at about 2pm on Sunday (June 28).

In a statement on Monday (June 29), the company said the situation had been brought under control.

Vestigo said no personnel were affected or injured, adding that the incident posed no immediate threat to the surrounding communities and environment.

It also said the cause of the fire was still being investigated.

"The company is working closely with relevant authorities and has taken necessary precautionary measures to manage the risk of exposure.

"It remains fully committed to the safety of its people, protecting the environment and maintaining the integrity of its operations," the statement read.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Welfare Dept to take custody of baby who tested positive for drugs
Scammers shifting to RCS, iMessage to spread phishing URLs, says MCMC
Putrajaya to prevent future disputes over Sabah blue economy
Anwar to attend Annual Leaders' Consultation during two-day working visit to Brunei
Driver killed after lorry crashes into drain near Ayer Hitam school
Melaka BN being courted like a 'maiden' ahead of state polls, says Ab Rauf
Anwar to make important announcements on Aug 30, Sept 16
Kedah MB's ex-political secretary ordered to enter defence in bribery case
Ex-1MDB CEO doesn't know why allegations in separate suit changed, court hears
SC wins suit, five individuals ordered to pay RM103.75mil

Others Also Read