Royal audience to formalise Sungei Ujong undang installation tomorrow


KUALA PILAH: The Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir, has consented to hold the royal audience ceremony to formalise the installation of the Undang of Luak Sungei Ujong at Istana Besar Seri Menanti here on Saturday (June 27).

The royal decree was conveyed by Tunku Besar Seri MenantiTunku Ali Redhauddin Tuanku Muhriz during an audience granted to the Datuk-Datuk Adat of Luak Sungei Ujong, waris soko and their delegation at Istana Besar Seri Menanti on Friday (June 26).

"I was informed by Waris Negeri Sungei Ujong Datuk Sinda Maharaja Razlan Hamid, representing the luak that the selection of the Pesaka Undang Luak Sungei Ujong was carried out in accordance with the adat (customs) and traditions practised in Luak Sungei Ujong.

"I wish to convey the consent of my father, Tuanku Muhriz, for the Istiadat Menghadap Menjunjung Duli Bagi Menyempurnakan Kejadian Undang Luak Sungei Ujong to be held on Saturday morning. Matters relating to the ceremony and preparations, the adat leaders may discuss them with the Orang Empat Istana. I pray that all arrangements proceed smoothly,” he said.

Meanwhile, Razlan, when met by reporters after the audience, said the Buapak customary council assembly had selected Muhammad Faris Johari, 29, as the 11th Undang of Luak Sungei Ujong in accordance with established adat.

Previously, the Dewan Keadilan dan Undang accepted the dismissal of Datuk Klana Petra Datuk Mubarak Dohak as the 10th Undang of Luak Sungei Ujong.

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun said the decision was made at a special sitting held at Istana Besar Seri Menanti in Kuala Pilah and chaired by Tuanku Muhriz.

The royal audience ceremony to formalise the installation of the 22nd Undang of Luak Rembau will also be held tomorrow following the consent granted by Tuanku Muhriz on Thursday (June 25). - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Inspector among 10 GOF members held in Penang e-waste factory extortion probe
Three batches of Chomel hand sanitiser banned due to excessive methanol levels, says Health Ministry
Rapid KL rail, selected bus services to run 24 hours for National Day
Babysitter fined RM2,000 for injuring 21-month-old toddler in Melaka
Charity concert returns to San Choon Hall, all 70 tables sold out
Pre-emptive action needed to block entry of synthetic opioid into Sabah, says assemblyman
Leading property agencies join forces to reimagine property ownership in the AI era
Corruption is corruption, not an issue of race or religion, says Anwar
Haze concerns during National Day celebrations to be raised with Cabinet, says Arthur
Six individuals deny kidnapping Singaporean duo in JB

Others Also Read