KUALA LUMPUR: Pandan MP Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli and Setiawangsa MP Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad say they have submitted resignation letters to Dewan Rakyat Speaker Tan Sri Johari Abdul and will vacate their seats to pursue a “new political agenda”.
“The proper and honourable step is to return the mandate to voters in Pandan and Setiawangsa, considering that we were elected under the Pakatan Harapan ticket in the last general election,” they said in a joint statement on Monday (May 18).
Rafizi and Nik Nazmi thanked voters in Pandan and Setiawangsa for electing them to represent the constituencies in Parliament for two terms.
They said their service centres would continue operating as usual to assist constituents despite their resignations.
The two also announced plans to contest again in Pandan and Setiawangsa under the Parti Bersama Malaysia (Bersama) platform in the coming election.
“We will also contest again in the Pandan and Setiawangsa parliamentary seats under the Bersama platform in the upcoming election,” they said.
Previously it was reported that the Dewan Rakyat Speaker has yet to receive formal notification regarding the vacancies of the Pandan and Setiawangsa parliamentary seats.
